National School Breakfast Week (NSBW) celebrates the importance of a nutritious school breakfast in fueling students for success. The theme for 2022 is “Take Off with School Breakfast,” which is a great reminder that a healthy breakfast gives students the best chance for academic success.
According to the School Nutrition Association, children who eat school breakfast are more likely to:
- Reach higher levels of achievement in reading and math
- Score higher on standardized tests
- Have better concentration and memory
- Be more alert and maintain a healthy weight
Schools are continually looking for solutions to make it safer and more efficient to serve meals to their students. Serving meals in the classroom is great way to encourage participation among students and ensure everyone has a chance to eat breakfast. Horizon School Technology’s classroom ordering simplifies the process of serving students in class. It’s convenient for both teachers and your school nutrition staff!
Meals in the Classroom Just Got Easier
We’re prepared to help you solve the challenges of coordinating the efforts around taking preorders for meals in the classroom and bridging the gap between students, teachers, and your school nutrition staff.
Horizon Classroom Ordering enables programs to:
- Streamline prep and delivery
- Post school menus
- Customize preordering schedules
- Allow teachers and staff to place orders
- Access comprehensive reporting
- Reduce food waste by prepping the right amount for each meal
Providing a safe space for your students to eat doesn’t have to be complicated. Empower your school nutrition program and staff by providing them with one tool to get the job done.
Watch our on-demand webinar to learn more about classroom ordering.