Temperature ManagementA revolutionary solution that ensures the safety of food served and helps prevent food losses
TempAlert™ offers you the peace of mind that comes with knowing the food you are serving is safe. With TempAlert, you can easily check and automatically record food temperatures throughout the production process, as well as monitor refrigerator and freezer temperatures around the clock.
It’s the only wireless temperature management system that is seamlessly integrated with the Production module so temperature readings are automatically documented on production records.
TempAlert—Your Key HACCP Compliance Tool
The TempAlert Temperature Management System will help you manage your current HACCP plan.
Introducing TempAlert’s SMART Shield Pro™ a touchscreen Android™ device and Bluetooth wireless temperature probe designed to easily manage your current HAACP plan.
- Set up SMART tasks™—recurring daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual tasks!
- View live real-time temperature data for equipment and flow-of-food temperatures!
- Password protect your login with either Screen Lock Swipe or traditional type method for security!
- Take the unit from site to site as a verification device and inspection tool!
24/7/365 Continuous Equipment Monitoring
- Alerts can be setup to send via, email, text, phone, or all three combinations to notify you regarding everything including high temps, low temps, no activity, and even low battery alerts.
- Default alert settings are set up correctly on day one. Customized settings can be created right from the Command Center website.
Concise, Clear Records
- With the Command Center, all of your records can be accessed 24/7/365 from any computer with Internet access. With date and time searches, you will know what the temps are for your equipment.
- Reports are concise and facilitate ease of verification.
Verification of Equipment Accuracy
- Guards are designed to be accurate to within 1.5 degrees plus or minus without having to calibrate. The Shield does not need calibration, but should be verified by using the ice method on a schedule that you set... either daily, weekly, or monthly depending on your HACCP plan.
Thorough Menu Item Monitoring
- With TempAlert, all your critical control points can be monitored and documented. An exception report can be sent to you daily notifying you of which potentially hazardous foods were not temped, giving you Control You Can Count On!
Contact us today for more information.
Ensure food safety
- Reduces risk of food-borne illness dramatically
- Logs temperature readings using wireless technology
- Minimizes hand-written logs
- Ensures HACCP compliance
- Improves accuracy of all temperature documentation
Prevent food loss from equipment failure
- Monitor refrigerator and freezer temperatures continuously—the system sends temperature information to online SMART Command Center for instant viewing
- Notifies designated personnel via email, text, and/or phone when temperatures are not within acceptable range
"We found that our large batches of mashed potatoes were falling out of the acceptable temperature range toward the end of the serving time. I simply changed procedures to make smaller batches so we can be sure the food stays at the proper temperature."
Moore Public Schools
These studies serve as examples for comparison only.
Case studies reflect a particular outcome within an individual business and does not necessarily guarantee the same results to another business. Your results may be affected by factors such as size, technology, user experience, and other intangibles. Our sales representatives and client relations managers will work with you to determine what software will work best for you based on those factors.
A Horizon representative using live software will show you the best solutions in food service technology and will answer all of your questions.
All you need? An internet connection and half an hour.