Horizon TrainSmartA Practical Way to Keep Your District's
Food Service Staff Trained
The fact that your employees are in so many different locations makes training your food service staff difficult to accomplish. Between coordinating everyone's schedule and paying for travel, you are faced with a monumental and costly task. Even with all of the challenges, it's important to keep your food service staff trained for many reasons, such as reducing the occurrence of food-borne illnesses and reducing liability lawsuits for safety and food handling issues. TrainSmart is an inexpensive, efficient and effective way to meet your food service training needs via the web on a 24/7 basis.
Using Horizon TrainSmart™ offers many advantages to your district.
- Eliminate the need for travel with this Internet-based system that provides convenient access 24/7.
- Improve knowledge retention with short, focused lessons that last only three to six minutes and can be reviewed daily.
- Reduce liability from food-borne illness, workers compensation claims and liability lawsuits with continuous training via TrainSmart.
- Central monitoring and historical data stored centrally helps mitigate risks.
- Rest assured that the lessons are officially approved by the School Nutrition Association and the Dietary Management Association.
- Provide the lessons in English and Spanish.
- Save money with lessons that cost just pennies per day and don’t require expensive travel.
- Avoid having to purchase special computer equipment or software.
- Offer customized lesson plans. Horizon can modify existing lessons to meet your needs or create new lessons to meet specific business requirements.
TrainSmart is easy to access and use.
- Access TrainSmart through a basic Internet connection.
- Utilize standard PCs, Macintosh or POS terminals.
- Login by simply entering a user ID and password.
- Benefit from automated testing and record keeping.
Maintain centralized control and training accountability.
- Schedule and control training centrally.
- Perform audits for individuals and sites.
- View and print training history reports as needed.
Contact us today for more information.
- Reduce risk from food-borne illness and liability lawsuits
- Avoid costly traditional training methods
- Access training from any computer with an internet connection
"By using TrainSmart, we save a great deal of time and money since we don’t have to pull employees in during the year for training."
Pascagoula School District
These studies serve as examples for comparison only.
Case studies reflect a particular outcome within an individual business and does not necessarily guarantee the same results to another business. Your results may be affected by factors such as size, technology, user experience, and other intangibles. Our sales representatives and client relations managers will work with you to determine what software will work best for you based on those factors.