Procurement Make intelligent ordering decisions based on accurate inventory information and usage history
Tired of having overstock problems, inventory becoming obsolete, add-on orders? It seems some school sites are always out of everything while others have enough to feed the entire nation.
Horizon OneSource™ provides an easy-to-use, comprehensive solution that will help you lower food costs by purchasing only what you need. OneSource helps you place intelligent orders quickly and efficiently with EZ Steps wizards that guide your food service staff through the process.
OneSource enables you to make better buying decisions and reduce costs. The system automates many important functions and provides an efficient way to verify invoice quantities against received quantities when paying invoices.
- Control the items that sites can order and designate the purchase method to be used
- Review site orders to identify and correct problems
- Consolidate site orders and easily separate them according to vendor. OneSource automatically produces purchase orders and site receiving documents for each vendor
- Conveniently transmit orders to vendors via email, fax, or mail—or use a custom interface
- View orders by site and an optional summary of all orders for the district to see the total cost and the case counts for each item combined for the district
- Verify invoiced quantities against ordered and received quantities prior to payment with Horizon’s three-point audit system
Streamlined site procedures
- Use our EZ Steps wizard to place fast, accurate menu plan orders. Items and quantities are automatically calculated based on projected servings and on-hand/on-order balances. OneSource automatically converts servings to inventory units and checks supply on hand to suggest an order that you can edit as needed
- View pertinent information at the time orders are placed: accurate forecast of what is needed, on-hand balances, on-order balances, usage history and lead time
- Adjust the feeding figure to automatically scale the forecast up or down when a field trip or inclement weather affects participation
- Optional shopping list feature enables you to order any item based on usage history and par levels– Perfect for non-menu items
- View an alert notification if you have similar items on-hand such as USDA commodities, or if an item has already been ordered
- Reduces overstock and shortages
- Provides access to vital information that assists with ordering decision
- Compare usage history to current quantity-on-hand and quantity-on-order to make better buying decisions
- Review orders prior to consolidation
- Identify and correct excessive orders easily
- Override site orders centrally —the system automatically notify site managers and changes receiving tickets
- Consolidate orders effortlessly—it’s completely automated
- Transmit orders to vendors electronically or in a variety of formats
- OneSource provides a “Three Way Match” system for invoice verification prior to payment
- The system is easy to learn and implement: site managers and central office personnel can be trained in less than one hour
Contact us today for more information and a free demonstration.
- Increase efficiency and accuracy using our EZ Steps wizard for menu-plan ordering
- Compile accurate forecasts derived from production record history averages
- Forecast servings and the system automatically converts them to inventory units
- Perform fully automated order consolidation and vendor order placement
- Receive orders into inventory quickly and easily using our EZ Steps wizard